Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Surviving the Deep

I'd be lying if I said I was a little excited that Deep Rising (1998) was selected for this week's Horror Movie Night. Been a while since I've seen Treat Williams chew up the scenery in this substantial B-movie. There's nothing about this film that I dislike. But oh how I desire a quality blu-ray of this! 7.5/10


Received George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead (2009) from Netflix eager to finally view Romero's latest (and see Steve Barton @UncleCreepy). While still not the return to form we all want from Romero it is better than Diary of the Dead and manages to continue that story in a unique way. There's a lot of undeserved hatred for this film but none from me. 6.5/10
  • August New: 43
  • August Re-watch: 9
  • August Total: 52
  • 2010 TOTAL: 493

No comments: