Sunday, August 15, 2010

Shark vs. Ape: More Wine?


Another loaded day of film watching! Finally got around to seeing a film I've been wanting to see ever since I saw that Famous Monsters of Filmland cover in the early 80s (actually owned that issue!). Of course, the film is Ape (1976). Only recently learned that was the film in question. Sadly, this is an awful, awful movie! Only the opening sequence (Ape vs. Shark) is worthy. Interestingly it features Maggie Seaver (Joanna Kerns) in probably her worst gig ever. At least she rebounded.

Watched Bottle Shock (2008) while organizing my pad. Had to sit a few times to fully appreciate this fine film. I'm not a wine drinker but this flick really had me wanting some wine. Good cast; better film.

Been itching to watch G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009) again and was thrilled my library had the blu-ray. Still mindless fun. Still wish Marlon Wayans wasn't cast. Still love Sienna Miller. A lot.

Very much a long, overdue re-visit I dug into my newly purchased used DVD Enter the Dragon (1973). Put off even owning the DVD since I have the LaserDisc but got it on the cheap. Yeah, still a favorite film. Bruce Lee is so great and so missed. Really like John Saxon and Jim Kelly in this.
  • August New: 25
  • August Re-watch: 5
  • August Total: 30
  • 2010 TOTAL: 471

No comments: