Wednesday, November 25, 2009

There Will Be Pirates

Grabbed Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl blu-ray from the quick picks shelf @ t/library figuring it was about time I rewatched this film (having not seen it since I saw it in the theater w/p@). It's still just *okay* in my book as my feelings haven't changed much. Watchable and nice transfer. Keira is, however, stunning. Stunning.

Now watching Leonard, Part 6 on Netflix Instant. Never seen and heard only bad things so I had to see for myself and Instant Watch is the perfect forum to do so. Gotta say that it lives up to its reputation.

I'm not one to pass by a great musical, esp. if it's been several years since I've seen it. When I saw Robert Osborne talking up Li'l Abner on TCM, my next 2 hours were booked. Love this musical and it must be at least 30 years (?) since I've seen it. Was always a fun Sunday afternoon flick. Didn't know Julie Newmar and Jerry Lewis were in this (Lewis having a small uncredited cameo). Besides good tunes (who knew hillbillies could sing so well and dance!) all the young ladies are insanely beautiful starting w/Leslie Parrish as Daisy Mae. Watch this film if you haven't seen it.

No comments: