Monday, May 10, 2010

8 Ways to Die


A film I only saw in bits & pieces as a child I finally watched in its entirety thanks to TCM Underground! Tentacles (1977) is exactly what it implies and given the year you know motivation behind its release. Given the stellar cast (John Huston, Shelley Winters, Bo Hopkins, Henry Fonda, Claude Akins, et al) this isn't a very good film. But I like it nevertheless. It features a sweet giallo score (even shot in giallo style) but most of the dramatic Killer Whale / Octopus action isn't captured very well. Still a classic. And damn do I ever want that movie poster!

Direct from NWI I set off with Life Blood a.k.a. Murder World (2009) featuring the curvy Sophie Monk. Nothing all too special in this lesbo-vampire tale but not all together terrible either.
  • May New: 24
  • May Re-watch: 4
  • May Total: 28
  • 2010 TOTAL: 283

No comments: