Thursday, May 27, 2010

B x Three

Starving for film after a 5 day drought I had a few items from my library to spin including Attack of the Giant Leeches (1959), which is a grade D b-movie. Yeah, not very good. Maybe if the film was half as good as the movie poster it'd be worthwhile.


The Roger Corman produced Night of the Blood Beast (1958) was also included on The Giant Leeches DVD and is more campy and entertaining. Still not a great film but watchable. Another great movie poster!

Lastly, the dubbed full-screen version of Ishiro Honda's All Monsters Attack (aka Godzilla's Revenge) (1969), which I watched often as a child. I enjoyed it so much probably b/c I could identify with boy and his daydreaming of Kaiju along side Minya (Godzilla's son). Sadly the film doesn't hold up. This, however, was not the Classic Media re-release (linked) which is a better treatment. Someday I'll have to view that version.
  • May New: 48
  • May Re-watch: 8
  • May Total: 56
  • 2010 TOTAL: 311

No comments: