Sunday, May 09, 2010

Generally Searching for Sleep

After lunch & craft beers at Emmett's Ale House and stop at Half Price Books (more goodies), I returned home to queue up Star Trek III - The Search for Spock (1984), a film I had never seen before (surprisingly!). Was excited to see all the original Star Trek films available on NWI so I've been looking forward to finally viewing these. Despite all that I've heard and read, I found this installment to be rather enjoyable. It's probably nostalgic charm but this flick isn't half bad. But damn are those computer displays severely dated.

Also from NWI another long overdue watch in Buster Keaton's The General (1926). Based during the Civil War, "entertaining" and "fun" are the best words to describe this terrific film.


Off the DVR, courtesy of TCM Underground, one of the worst films made in Zaat (1975). How to explain this one? It's just terrible in mostly a bad way. So bad it's in IMDB's bottom 10 worst films. That's how bad. I don't even feel like writing anymore about it it's that bad. Will say that the blonde beauty, Nancy Lien, is quite fetching in that yellow bikini (most of the women featured are attractive). That's the only compliment I can offer for this shit pile (OK, the poster is cool).

Lastly I finished the Howard Hawks noir The Big Sleep (1946), which I had started days ago. Bogey & Bacall. Period. Fantastic little film and another case where all the women are simply gorgeous. At least there's also a great crime thriller to keep it going.
  • May New: 22
  • May Re-watch: 4
  • May Total: 26
  • 2010 TOTAL: 281

No comments: