Monday, January 31, 2011

Follow The Monster

Dominik Moll's Lemming (2005) definitely lived up to the reviews I've read. Weird, intriguing and different. Charlotte Gainsbourg is pretty good but I really like Laurent Lucas as his character deals with the mystery unfolding around him. Charlotte Rampling is definitely spooky. Good watch. 7/10

Dug into my DVD collection for Roger Corman's Frankenstein Unbound (1990), which I hadn't seen before. Has the necessary elements to be very good including John Hurt as a scientist who travels back in time to aid Raul Julia's Frankenstein create his monster. But sadly this film is a mess. A delightful mess but still a mess. 6/10
  • January New: 79
  • January Re-watch: 12
  • January '11 Total: 91
  • January '10 Total: 51
  • 2011 TOTAL: 91

1 comment:

Follow The Monster 2011 said...

I like this movie. This movie lived up to my expectations. This is weird and different story. Its very interesting. I like all the performances in the movie. This movie really deserves a watch. Don't miss it.