Saturday, January 22, 2011

Goblin Bugged

Quest for the Mighty Sword (1990) a.k.a. Ator III: The Hobgoblin is the type of junky sword & sandals crap I gravitate towards. This installment again directed by Joe D'Amato (he also directed the first two Ator films), features Eric Allan Kramer (Thor!) in both the role of Ator the father and his son. Weird, right? The son grows up enslaved by the evil Thorn-Grindel goblin, who looks like the same goblins from Troll 2 (probably because Laura Gemser is also in this movie). Ator has to find his father's sword then seek revenge on the Hobgoblin. I guess. It's a terrible film but my kind of terrible. 5/10

I've had The Fly (1958) in my NWI queue almost from the time I started watching Netflix streaming on my PS3. Amazing that it's stuck around that long and hasn't expired. Figured now was good as any to give it a spin since I still haven't seen the original. A little surprised at some of the violence (that crushing machine!). The ending is nuts. 7/10
  • January New: 54
  • January Re-watch: 8
  • January '11 Total: 62
  • January '10 Total: 51
  • 2010 TOTAL: 62

No comments: